Career Opportunity – Construction Materials Laboratory Technician
Job Title – Construction Materials Laboratory Technician
Job Types – Full-time, Permanent
Location – Leicester, LE7 3XD
Salary – £24,000 (negotiable depending on experience) + overtime pay
Duration – Full Time (basic 45 hours per week)
Shift – Days and weekend work available
Sector – Construction and Civil Engineering
Benefits – Flexible schedule, training provided (with certificates), daily overtime available (weekend overtime rate x 1.5 times basic), Uniform and PPE provided. Career development as the company grows.
- Monday to Friday
- Split shifts between 6am to 7pm
- Overtime as required.
- Weekend work available
Simtec Materials Testing are an independent material testing company serving the civil engineering, construction, and quarrying industries. We specialise in all areas of asphalt, aggregates, earthworks, and concrete from initial production to verification on site and within our purpose-built in-house UKAS accredited laboratory.
Due to recent expansion, we are looking for a Construction Materials Lab Technician.
Do you have a flexible, agile, and proactive ‘hands on’ approach to work?
Would you like:
- To be part of a dynamic, expanding company with considerable career prospects?
- To work for a company who is supporting the government initiative to ‘Build, build, build’, with the construction and maintenance of the UK infrastructure network?
- To work in modern and highly equipped laboratories?
- To have a clear and defined route to progression in the workplace, with both training and the potential to gain qualifications?
- To be a valued team member and influencer?
SIMTEC MT has roles as Laboratory Technicians, in junior, lead and senior positions.
What you will do
As a Construction Materials Laboratory Technician, you will be responsible for the preparation and testing of materials for use in new and existing highway construction; working to British and EN Standards to give an accurate report on their compliance.