Career Opportunity – Construction Materials Site Technician
Job Title – Construction Materials Site Technician
Job Types – Full-time, Permanent
Location – Leicester, LE7 3XD
Salary –£33,000.00 OTE (Basic salary + bonus + overtime)
Duration –Full Time (basic 45 hours per week)
Shifts – Days, Nights and Weekends available
Sector – Construction and Civil Engineering
Benefits – On-site parking, Company Vehicle & Fuel Card (business use only), training provided (with certificates), daily overtime available (weekend overtime rate x 1.5 times basic), Company Uniform and PPE provided. Career development as the company grows.
** Start your role before 6th December and also receive a £1500 sign-on bonus**
Simtec Materials Testing are an independent construction material testing company serving the civil engineering, construction, and quarrying industries. We specialise in all areas of asphalt, aggregates, earthworks, and concrete from initial production to verification on site and within our purpose-built in-house UKAS accredited laboratory.
Due to recent expansion, we are looking for a Construction Materials Site Technician.
Do you have a flexible, agile, and proactive ‘hands on’ approach to work?
Would you like:
- To be part of a dynamic, expanding company with considerable career prospects?
- To work for a company who is supporting the government initiative to ‘Build, build, build’, with the construction and maintenance of the UK infrastructure network?
- To enjoy the great outdoors, typically working in a different place every day.
- To have a clear and defined route to progression in the workplace, with both training and the potential to gain qualifications?
- To be a valued team member and influencer?
SIMTEC MT has roles as Site Engineering Technicians, in junior, lead and senior positions.
What you will do
As a Construction Materials Site Technician, you will be responsible for on-site testing and carrying out verification of materials for use in new and existing construction projects; working to British and EN Standards to give an accurate report on their compliance.
You would then be required to give an accurate report based on the standards set. On a daily basis you will travel to different sites to carry out these various tests, there will be requirements to work some weekends as needed which is paid at a premium rate.